Friday, October 16, 2009

Saturday's Game

I haven't blogged in while, honestly I needed a little break. The assignment we turned in Monday had worn me out. I'm getting excited for Saturday's game because I'm going to make something I used to have as a kid growning up. It's called a Kona. Kona's are pretty easy to make. You brown hamburger and onion together and then season. Next you fill four tortillas with meat and add Valveeta cheese on top. Then you fold it like a burito and deep fry it. I used to love eating them cold in the morning the next day--right out of the fridge! We just got a Presto Cool Touch fryer and I had never gotten one before. I love it because it has a lid that comes down so you don't spatter oil everywhere. It also has a charcoal filter so your house does not smell like a fry factory for a week. I made another little treat called a Dough-god. I'm not sure how to spell it but basically you flatten biscuit dough like a pancake and tear a hole in the middle. When it's done browning in the oil you shake it in sugar. Looks like a doughnut when you are done. They are very messy so it's best to eat them over the kitchen sink! Otherwise, you will definitely be stepping in sugar crystals on the floor! I'm gonna have to head back to the gym with all this rain we've been having; I haven't been able to go on a walk. That's another subject...

No comments:

Post a Comment