Friday, October 2, 2009

Sick?

I've been hearing of so many people that are sick lately but still attempt to go to class, giving other people their sickness, I'm sure. I wish they would stay home and take care of themselves. What makes them think they have to do it all and who is putting this pressure on them? My son goes to UNL and they have communicated to the students and teachers, if a student is sick with the flu, the teacher is not to punish them for not coming to class and the student needs to quarantine themselves from the rest. That's the way it should be. I am not getting impression the people who are blogging are getting this. Does MCC have such a policy? And what if you only have a class that is one night a week? I guess if you are faithful about coming to class in the first place, missing one night is not going to hurt anything, right? But if you are not coming every night you have class.....I can see where being sick could create a problem. If you are doing the right thing in the first place it will all work out in the end. If you're not doing the right thing, I believe you'll be screwed. The hard path is always the correct path. Don't do what is easy. Any moron can handle that. Do what's hard. When I am sick sometimes the hardest thing to do is stay home. I have too much work to do! They need me! Stay home if you're sick.

2 comments:

  1. The problem is most classes you can only miss one or two days without it affecting your grade. In the biology class I am taking if you miss more than two classes, you essentially will fail the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See that's my point, they should have a flu policy like UNL. Especially when the government is declaring H1N1 a "pandemic". As long as the student is making up the work they shouldn't hold it against the student.

    ReplyDelete