Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of Fall

Today is the first day of Fall and looking outside my window blogging, what do I see? There are a few leaves on the ground, mostly yellow and still soft-looking. The leaves on the trees are still pretty much green and lush. I enjoy the true colors of Fall when it is in full throttle - deep reds like a sunset and golden tones that remind me of wheat fields sparkling in the sun. And then there are the orangy reds and burnt oranges. The leaves crackle when you walk and there are tons of them. Brings back memories of raking them all up for the 10th time, exhausted, only to run and jump in them again. I'm talking childhood memories here! Can you smell the leaves around you? Take a deep breath and remember what it was like to jump in a pile of leaves...I enjoy traveling this time of year, just going for a long drive, looking off into the sunset and admiring all the trees. I look for all the different colors of Fall and catch the landscape, the scenery like a big picture filling up around me. Just gorgeous. Even along the Interstate the landscape is beautiful. I go on my walks at night and breathe in smelling the the most wonderful smell; firepits and bonfires! Burning wood and the smell of hotdogs roasting. Can you smell the hotdogs? Can you feel the chill in the air?

1 comment:

  1. Autumn is my favorite time of year! I love the scents, sounds, and all around feel of this time of year!

    ReplyDelete