Thursday, September 3, 2009

Star died today

I got a call this morning at work from my husband. Star had died. I said "What? What happened?"
Now Star is my sister-in-law's blue Weimaraner. Bobbee got Star after her other dog died. Sicily was very old so we all were pretty much ready for her to go. She had a good life, well taken care of. Bobbee got Star about a month after Sicily was gone. We even went with Bobbee to pick out her new puppy. Last night around dinner time Star got very sick. She's only a year old! She started to vomit, had a hard time breathing, had green secretions coming out of her nose and seemed to be in a lot of pain. Bobbee took Star to the family vet in Columbus, NE. They did some bloodwork and tests and found Star's heart was enlarged. They didn't know what was wrong with her. Now it just so happens Bobbee started a new job recently at a dog groomers. I guess they have a vet hospital there too so Bobbee took Star to the hospital last night and they did more tests, keeping her overnight. While Bobbee was at work this morning, Star went into cardiac arrest and died. They are going to perform an autopsy. I couldn't believe it. We had just seen her last weekend. I cannot imagine a pet going through that but I can imagine the heartache Bobbee must have felt seeing her dog in such agony. So sad. We get so attached to our pets, I know I am. I never thought I'd ever be so attached to my dogs. But I do believe with all my heart, Star's up in heaven playing and having fun with Ila, Bobbee's daughter who was killed in a car accident about 6 years ago...

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about Star. Animals are truly a joy. I have a cat named Sox that gives me great pleasure. He is young too. It goes to show that we must enjoy each day. You just never know what the day will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. We all take so much for granted.

    ReplyDelete