Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sister

I'm sitting here tonight trying to figure out what to write about. I had fun at last night's class and did find poetry writing challenging, until last night. Our instructor has a way of breaking down the creative barriers with his "anthying goes" approach, which helps. I am looking forward to writing my poem or poems once I lock in on an idea or find the time to just start writing. Different ideas are buzzing about in my brain, I'm waiting for one to settle. I am excited to try poetry. I am trying to take this "anything goes approach" to life as well. Not worrying so much, for example, if I have to talk in front of a group. I'm going to just got with it and be myself. Who cares?! It takes the pressure we sometimes put on ourselves. Excuse me, it takes the pressure off of myself that I sometimes put on myself. That's better. Went on my walk tonight, was a little humid but not too bad. Kind of chilly at first. Where did the summer go? I enjoyed talking to Heather last night and I enjoyed reading what she added to my Scene assignment, very funny. And I enjoyed adding to Lindsay's. It was a very fun evening.

2 comments:

  1. I was not in class on Monday due to a family reunion. I was wondering if you could help fill me in on what I missed on Monday and what we have due for next week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, let me see...We have to read a short story. He gave us 2 to chose from. One is called W Good Man Is Hard To Find by Flannery O'Connor and the other was To Build A Fire by Jack London. Both can be found on www.mccneb.edu. Try to get to the library, databases. Litfinder. Check the "Primary Sources & Literary Works" box ONLY. Search by Name Of Work. If you keep at it you can find it but it's a little tricky. Also we have to write 21 lines of poetry (can be 1, 2 or 3 poems to make 21 lines). He didn't say whether we had to keep blogging each day but I'm trying to continue doing that. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete